By: Manoj in Trends Tutorials on 2023-04-11
Semver stands for "Semantic Versioning" and it's a versioning system for software packages that uses a specific format to convey information about the changes in each version of the software.
The format consists of three numbers separated by dots: major.minor.patch. Each of these numbers has a specific meaning:
- Major version: This is incremented when there are significant changes that are not backwards compatible with previous versions, such as major new features or breaking changes to the API.
- Minor version: This is incremented when new features are added in a backwards-compatible manner, such as adding new API methods or adding optional parameters to existing methods.
- Patch version: This is incremented when bug fixes or other small changes are made that don't affect the API.
By following this versioning system, developers can communicate clearly what changes are included in each new version, and users of the software can make informed decisions about when to upgrade based on the significance of the changes.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Most Viewed Articles (in Trends )
Latest Articles (in Trends)
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews