By: Saik Chye
This morning I received an SMS alert that the 'Power Supply and UPS is down'. I rushed back to the data center. We have around 50 racks of servers and equipments in our datacenter. This has never happened in the last 10 years. After the UPS vendors fixed the issue, we still have to turn on some of the servers and switches manually.
Here's when we had an unique problem. One of the rack which was using DKVM-8E switch was not working. The monitor just showed a screen to enter the 'Console password'. No one had an idea of this password.
Luckily, we found some documents where it was mentioned the default password is '00000000'. Yes eight zeroes. After really trying so many passwords for over an hour finally the eight zeroes worked.
I am posting this so that in future if anyone came across this issue can save some time.
1. muchas gracias me funciono la informacin... pero tengo otro problema... el kvm aun sin energa de 12v
View Tutorial By: eduardo at 2017-07-18 23:45:28
4. I was prepared to crush and burn my device...
You save my day, mate.
Thanks BIG TIME<
View Tutorial By: Aleksandar at 2016-02-16 18:02:11
5. YOU SAVED MY DAY DUDE... EARTH IS HAPPY HAVING YOUR TYPE!
View Tutorial By: SHAHO at 2016-01-18 06:14:36
6. Thank goodness!!! You saved me more hours of freaking trying stuff on this freaking kvm!!!
View Tutorial By: Kenneth at 2016-01-07 18:42:39
8. Gracias. Ya me estaba poniendo nervioso. No podÃa acceder a ningÃºn servidor
View Tutorial By: Manuel at 2015-07-30 11:34:54
9. You saved my but by posting this. Thank You. I just followed every ad link on your page. You rock
View Tutorial By: cranakis at 2014-09-19 16:10:20
Most Viewed Articles (in Trends )
Latest Articles (in Trends)
Comment on this tutorial
- Data Science
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews