By: Emiley J Viewed: 153505 times Printer Friendly Format
you use the AWS Toolkit for Eclipse, you can also start a new project in Eclipse
based on the AWS SDK for Java or add the SDK to an existing Java project.
the AWS Toolkit for Eclipse
See http://aws.amazon.com/eclipse for
information about downloading and installing the AWS Toolkit for Eclipse.
installing the AWS Toolkit for Eclipse, we recommend configuring the toolkit
with your security credentials. You can do this anytime by selecting Preferences
from the Window menu in Eclipse, and then selecting the AWS Toolkit section.
start a New Project
- Open Eclipse.
- Create a new AWS Java project by pointing to File -> New -> Project.
The New Project wizard opens.
- Expand the AWS category, then select AWS
- Click Next.
The project settings page is displayed.
- Enter a name in the Project
Name box. The AWS
SDK for Java Samples group displays the samples available in the SDK, as
- Select the samples you want to include in your project by selecting each
- Enter your AWS credentials. If you’ve already configured the AWS Toolkit
for Eclipse with your credentials, this is automatically filled in.
- Click Finish.
The project is created and added to the Project explorer.
run the Project
- Select the sample .java file you want to run. For example, for the Amazon
S3 sample, select
- Select Run from
the Run menu.
add the SDK to an existing project
- Right-click the project in the Project Explorer, then select Build
Path -> Add
- Select AWS Java SDK, then click Next and
follow the remaining on-screen instructions.
Comment on this tutorial