What is a report design in JasperReports?
By: MakeItSimple. in Java Tutorials on 2008-09-02
As mentioned, a report design represents a template that will be used by the JasperReports engine to deliver dynamic content to the printer, to the screen or to the Web. Data stored in the database is organized according to the report design to obtain ready to print, page oriented documents.
The report designs are defined in XML files and must have a special structure. This structure is declared in a DTD file supplied with the JasperReports engine. The XML files are then compiled, in order to use them in report filling operations.
To create a simple report design, we have to edit an XML file with the following structure:
<?xml version="1.0"?> <!DOCTYPE jasperReport PUBLIC "-//JasperReports//DTD Report Design//EN" "http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/dtds/jasperreport.dtd"> <jasperReport name="name_of_the_report" ... > ... </jasperReport>
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews
Read a file having a list of telnet commands and execute them one by one using Java
Open a .docx file and show content in a TextArea using Java
Step by Step guide to setup freetts for Java
Of Object, equals (), == and hashCode ()
Using the AWS SDK for Java in Eclipse
DateFormat sample program in Java
concurrent.Flow instead of Observable class in Java
Calculator application in Java
Sending Email from Java application (using gmail)
Java program to get location meta data from an image