By: Niraj in J2ME Tutorials on 2023-05-02
J2ME (Java 2 Micro Edition) is a platform that allows developers to build mobile and embedded applications that can run on resource-constrained devices. Although its popularity has decreased in recent years due to the emergence of more powerful mobile operating systems and frameworks, J2ME is still used in some specific use cases, including:
Internet of Things (IoT) devices: J2ME is used in embedded devices that require a small footprint and low power consumption, such as smart sensors and other IoT devices.
Feature phones: Although smartphones dominate the mobile market, there are still some regions where feature phones are popular. J2ME is often used to develop apps for feature phones due to its low memory and processing requirements.
Legacy systems: Some legacy systems still rely on J2ME-based applications, and upgrading these systems to modern technologies can be costly and time-consuming.
Mobile games: J2ME was once a popular platform for developing mobile games due to its ability to run on a wide range of devices. Although mobile game development has shifted to other platforms, J2ME is still used for some simple and casual games.
Overall, while J2ME is no longer as popular as it once was, it still has niche use cases where its small footprint and low power consumption make it an attractive option.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Most Viewed Articles (in J2ME )
Latest Articles (in J2ME)
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews