By: Emiley J in Android Tutorials on 2013-03-19
As usual, when starting to learn a new programming language, you first have to get your computer ready with the tools and IDEs required to start developing. For Android programming it is very simple, just get the ADT bundle for windows and you are all set. I am assuming you are using windows as your development platform. ADT bundle for windows is an integrated development environment with the Android SDK and Eclipse.
- If you don't already have, create a 'Development" folder under your C drive.
- Goto the ADT bundle for windows download page and download the SDK
- Unzip the downloaded zip file to the 'Development" folder
- Goto the C:\Development\adt-bundle-<os_platform>/eclipse/ folder and click eclipse.exe
That's it. You are now ready to start developing your first Android program.
Note: Although the unzipped folder name is too long, do not rename the folder. Because the ADT settings use these default folder names and if you change the folder name then you have to manually change the ADT development settings.
Now that you have setup your android development environment, get started with programming more android samples.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews
Performing Streamed Install adb: failed to install app buildoutputsapkdebugapp-debug.apk: Exception occurred while executing 'install': android.os.ParcelableException: java.io.IOException: Requested internal only, but not enough space