Iterate over a sequence in reverse order in python
By: Rajesh in Python Tutorials on 2012-04-07
In Python, you can iterate over a sequence in reverse order using the
reversed() function. The
reversed() function takes a sequence as an argument and returns an iterator that yields the items of the sequence in reverse order. Here's an example:
my_list = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
for item in reversed(my_list):
In this example, the
reversed() function is used to create an iterator that yields the items of the
my_list list in reverse order. The
for loop then iterates over this iterator, printing each item to the console. The output of this code would be:
5 4 3 2 1
Note that the
reversed() function returns an iterator, not a list. If you need the reversed sequence as a list, you can convert the iterator to a list using the
my_list = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] reversed_list = list(reversed(my_list)) print(reversed_list) # Output: [5, 4, 3, 2, 1]
In this example, the
list() function is used to convert the iterator returned by
reversed() to a list. The resulting list is stored in the
reversed_list variable and printed to the console.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews
Python program to get location meta data from an image
Retrieve Twitter posts and comments using Python
How to install Jupyter in Ubuntu and make it accessible through Apache Reverse Proxy
Python Basics - Setting up your Python Development Environment
Schwartzian Transform in python
Multidimensional list (array) in python
Perl's chomp() equivalent for removing trailing newlines from strings in python