By: Emiley J in Office365 Tutorials on 2012-04-04
In a recent Office 365 migration from On-premise exchange to Office 365, everything was fine except for the Android Activesync setup. In fact, we were trying all sorts of different settings and finally found this one which worked in all the android devices.
- Go to Settings / Accounts & Sync
- Click on "Add Account", select "Corporate"
- You can enter your email and password
- For the "Domain\Username" you need to enter the full email address with a "\" in front (eg. \[email protected])
- Next, you need to change the server to m.outlook.com
- Click Next and you should be almost all set.
- You will get a new window popup warning about allowing permissions to the device administrator. Basically, an Office 365 admin can remotely wipe your phone, but you won't be able to sync your calendars if you don't accept this.
- Thats it. You are done.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Most Viewed Articles (in Office365 )
Latest Articles (in Office365)
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews