By: Kareem in Office365 Tutorials on 2012-06-29
This is a simple step by step guide to migrate an existing SharePoint WSS2.0 version site to SharePoint Online and then automate the process of SharePoint Online Backup to your local drive. Only the steps are given. You can search the internet for doing each step in detail.
- Perform a backup of the existing site in WSS 2.0 using command line
- Set up a WSS 2.0 environment and copy across the newly created backup
- Restore the WSS 2.0 backup to your new environment
- Perform an in-place upgrade of WSS 2.0 to 3.0
- Export the site to Content Migration Package (CMP) files
- Import the site to SharePoint Online
Office 365 SharePoint Backup
- Install and Configure SharePoint workspace
- Backup entire site to template
- Synchronize a SharePoint workspace with a SharePoint site
- Synchronize a SharePoint workspace with a specific library or list
- Optimizing Workspace Storage
- Test the backup files
- Restore backup files to new site
- Verify the restored site
- Admin Training for backup and restore SharePoint online
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Most Viewed Articles (in Office365 )
Latest Articles (in Office365)
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews