By: Lincky in Office365 Tutorials on 2012-07-15
Office 365 customers who sign up for E2 plan and above have Office Web Apps. Office web apps lets users create, edit and view office documents such as doc/xls/ppt using the browser even if they dont have Microsoft Office installed on their PC/laptop. However, to make this work, the administrator has to create some document templates in SharePoint before the users can use this. This is because, the documents they create are stored in SharePoint Online. To make Office web apps work the Administrator needs to do the following in SharePoint Online.
- First, follow the instruction to create Office templates to a document library so that you are able to select the type you want to create.http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-online-enterprise-help/add-multiple-office-templates-to-a-document-library-HA102409514.aspx
- Second, check and disable the IE Add-on named Office Document Cache Handler if you want to create doc directly from web portal. (bypass the steps if your client doesnt install Microsoft Office product.)
- Finally, close all the IE windows and access to the Team Site again.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Most Viewed Articles (in Office365 )
Latest Articles (in Office365)
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews