Download Linux. Which linux and where?
By: Dorris in Linux Tutorials on 2011-01-11
When Linus Torvalds first developed Linux back in August of 1991, the operating system basically consisted of his kernel and some GNU tools. With the help of others Linus added more and more tools and applications.
With time, individuals, university students and companies began distributing Linux with their own choice of packages bound around Linus' kernel. This is where the concept of the "distribution" was born.
Today, creating and selling Linux distributions is a multi-million dollar business. You can buy a boxed version of Linux from companies such as Red Hat, SuSE, MandrakeSoft and others. You can also download Linux from any number of companies and individuals. There are distributions of all types and for practically any kind of computing endeavor.
For a complete list of various linux distributions and a comparison check this wiki artilce. You can follow the links there to download your favourite linux. My favourite is Cent OS.
<< Filter in Linux
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews
smskannel SMS gateway run in background
Running jar files in background in ssh window
Install and configure Memcached in linux
Can't locate ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm in @INC ...
Could not open '': No such file or directory at lib/ExtUtils/MM_Unix.pm line 2697
make: Nothing to be done for `all'.
How to burn your CD / DVD ISO image using Nero Burning ROM (Ahead Software) on Windows
How to burn your CD / DVD ISO image using Media Creator (Adaptec/Roxio) on Windows
How to burn your CD / DVD ISO image using Nero Express (Ahead Software) on Windows
How to burn your CD / DVD ISO image using k3b on CentOS
Installing RPM's using the Redhat Package Manager in Linux