By: Steven Holzner in VB.net Tutorials on 2008-11-25
When you save a solution, it's given the file extension .sln (such as WinHello.sln), and all the projects in the solution are saved with the extension .vbproj. Here's a list of the types of file extensions you'll see in files in VB .NET, and the kinds of files they correspond to; the most popular file extension is .vb. This is a useful list, because if VB .NET has added files to your solution that you haven't expected, you often can figure them out by their file extension:
.vb-Can be a basic Windows form, a code file, a module file for storing functions, a user control, a data form, a custom control, an inherited form, a Web custom control, an inherited user control, a Windows service, a custom setup file, an image file for creating a custom icon, or an AssemblyInfo file (used to store assembly information such as versioning and assembly name).
.xsd-An XML schema provided to create typed datasets.
.xml-An XML document file.
.htm-An HTML document.
.txt-A text file.
.xslt-An XSLT stylesheet file, used to transform XML documents and XML schemas.
.css-A cascading stylesheet file.
.rpt-A Crystal Report.
.bmp-A bitmap file.
.vbs-A VBScript file.
.wsf-A Windows scripting file.
.aspx-A Web form.
.asp-An active server page.
.asmx-A Web service class.
.vsdisco-A dynamic discovery project; .vsdisco provides a means to enumerate all Web Services and all schemas in a Web project.
.web-A Web configuration file, .web configures Web settings for a Web project.
.asax-A global application class, used to handle global ASP.NET application-level events.
.resx-A resource file used to store resource information.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Most Viewed Articles (in VB.net )
Latest Articles (in VB.net)
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews