Question: What is a Hidden Comment in JSP?
By: Guru Singh in Interview Tutorials on 2008-08-24Question: What is a Hidden Comment in JSP?
Answer: A comment that documents the JSP page but is not sent to the client. The JSP engine ignores a hidden comment, and does not process any code within hidden comment tags. A hidden comment is not sent to the client, either in the displayed JSP page or the HTML page source. The hidden comment is useful when you want to hide or "comment out" part of your JSP page.
You can use any characters
in the body of the comment except the closing --%> combination. If you need
to use --%> in your comment, you can escape it by typing --%\>.
<%-- comment --%>
<%@ page language="java" %>
<head><title>A Hidden Comment </title></head>
<%-- This comment will not be visible to the colent in the page source --%>
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews
The output of System.out.println(5>>2) in Java
The output of System.out.println(5<<2) in Java
What do you understand by Synchronization?
Name the containers which uses Border Layout as their default layout?
What is bean managed transaction?
What are the call back methods in Session bean?
Can Entity Beans have no create() methods?
What is the difference between JTS and JTA?
What is difference between Java Bean and Enterprise Java Bean?
What is J2EE Connector architecture?
What do you understand by JTA and JTS?