How to Add Bleed and Crop Marks in Photoshop
By: Kaitlyn Miller in Photoshop Tutorials on 2008-04-25
To add bleed and crop marks in Photoshop, you can follow these steps:
- Open the document in Photoshop and make sure the design extends beyond the edge of the artboard.
- Go to the "Image" menu and select "Canvas Size".
- In the "Canvas Size" dialog box, increase the width and height of the canvas by the desired amount of bleed. For example, if you want a 1/8 inch bleed on all sides, increase the width and height by 1/4 inch.
- Select the "Relative" checkbox to ensure that the original design stays centered on the new canvas size.
- Click "OK" to apply the new canvas size.
- To add crop marks, select the "Line Tool" from the toolbar.
- Draw a line at the top of the document, starting from the left edge of the bleed area to the right edge of the bleed area.
- Duplicate the line and position it at the bottom of the document, again spanning the entire width of the bleed area.
- Repeat for the left and right edges of the bleed area.
- Adjust the stroke weight and color of the lines to your desired specifications.
- Save the file as a PDF or other print-ready format that supports crop marks and bleed.
Note that the specific steps and options may vary depending on the version of Photoshop you are using.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Most Viewed Articles (in Photoshop )
Latest Articles (in Photoshop)