By: Kaitlyn Miller in Photoshop Tutorials on 2008-04-25
To add color to a monochrome picture in Photoshop, you can follow these steps:
Open the image in Photoshop: Open the monochrome image you want to add color to in Photoshop.
Create a new layer: Go to the Layers panel and click on the "Create a New Layer" button at the bottom of the panel.
Select the Brush tool: Select the Brush tool from the toolbar on the left-hand side of the screen.
Choose the color: Choose the color you want to add to the image by clicking on the foreground color in the toolbar.
Paint over the area: Use the Brush tool to paint over the area of the image where you want to add color.
Adjust the layer opacity: Adjust the opacity of the color layer by moving the opacity slider in the Layers panel.
Repeat for other areas: Repeat the process for other areas of the image where you want to add color.
Save the image: Once you are satisfied with the image, save it by going to File > Save As and choosing the file format you want to save it in.
By following these steps, you can add color to a monochrome picture in Photoshop.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Most Viewed Articles (in Photoshop )
Latest Articles (in Photoshop)