By: Farida in React-Native Tutorials on 2023-04-05
npm install and
npx expo install are used to install dependencies in a React Native project. However, there are some differences between the two:
npm installis the standard way to install dependencies in a Node.js project. It installs the packages listed in the
package.jsonfile in the current directory, along with their dependencies, and stores them in the
npx expo installis a command specific to Expo projects. It installs packages from the Expo SDK, which are optimized for use with Expo. It can also install regular npm packages, but it's recommended to use
npm installfor that.
Here are some other differences to note:
npm installcan be used outside of an Expo project, while
npx expo installis only available within an Expo project.
npm installinstalls the latest version of a package by default, while
npx expo installinstalls the version of the package that's compatible with the current version of the Expo SDK.
npm installrequires that you have Node.js and npm installed on your system, while
npx expo installonly requires the Expo CLI.
npm install is a more general-purpose package manager that can be used with any Node.js project, while
npx expo install is specific to Expo projects and is optimized for installing packages from the Expo SDK.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Most Viewed Articles (in React-Native )
Latest Articles (in React-Native)
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews