error 'Configure Runtime for Language Server' every time i open visual studio code java applications
By: Terrence in Error Tutorials on 2023-04-03
The error message \"Configure Runtime for Language Server\" usually appears in Visual Studio Code when the Java extension is unable to find a compatible Java Development Kit (JDK) installation on your system. To resolve this issue, you can follow these steps:
Make sure that you have a JDK installed on your system. You can download the latest version of the JDK from the Oracle website.
Open Visual Studio Code and navigate to the Java extension settings. You can do this by clicking on the gear icon in the bottom left corner of the screen and selecting "Extensions". Then, search for "Java" in the extensions marketplace and select the "Java Extension Pack".
In the Java extension pack page, click on the "Gear" icon to open the extension settings. Then, scroll down to the "Java Home" section.
Click on the "Edit in settings.json" link next to the "Java Home" setting.
In the settings.json file, set the value of the "java.home" property to the path of your JDK installation. For example, on Windows, this might be "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-17.0.1".
Save the changes to the settings.json file and restart Visual Studio Code.
After following these steps, the Java extension should be able to find the JDK installation on your system and the "Configure Runtime for Language Server" error should no longer appear.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews
SOLVED: PHP Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.