Comment on Tutorial - compareTo( ) in Java By Mashoud
Comment Added by : hemn
Comment Added at : 2010-04-17 06:02:00
Comment on Tutorial : compareTo( ) in Java By Mashoud
Very nice tutorial. But please I have some problems with this function. here is my problem:
I have created a dictionary that uses text files as database. The text files are encoded in UTF-8 format. I read them with InputStreamReader(is, "UTF-8");
and save them in an array of string. Nothing problem till here.
But the problem will start when I want to compare individual elements with the text I want. The loop passes through the correct one but using String.compareTo() will not stop it.
I have used different methods to decode both texts but nothing worked.
Any help will be appreciated.
- Data Science
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews
Subscribe to Tutorials
1. please send detail informatoin about j2me.. send a
View Tutorial By: Saranya at 2011-07-06 03:00:21
2. I want an example...to get multiple values using S
View Tutorial By: Madhu at 2015-07-13 19:57:14
3. I want to know that what is the main use of the &q
View Tutorial By: Krunal Patel at 2012-09-17 08:11:19
4. Hi, i tried this tutorial with my own database and
View Tutorial By: Dejan at 2015-03-18 13:06:27
6. The above code is not for storing values it return
View Tutorial By: vinoj at 2010-04-28 15:58:47
9. Thanks. Your post was clear and worked perfectly a
View Tutorial By: Suma at 2009-03-05 09:40:08