By: Emiley J.
If you are one of the Java Professionals and you want to distinguish yourself as an expert in the field, the best option is to get certified by Sun Microsystems. Most often it is a bit confusing for beginners to understand which certification to take as there are so many available. The diagram below shows the various levels at which various certifications are available.
Please note that the goal of Sun certification is to test on a particular job role. Thus, to prepare for a certification exam Sun recommends Sun training and six to twelve months of actual job role experience. Sun does not claim that by taking courses you are guaranteed to pass the certification exams, however Sun does state that Sun training is an important component in certification preparation.
Obviously, as a beginner you should start with SCJA and move on to SCJP to reach the foundation level. Once you have got SCJP certification then you can choose the Speciality certification based on your interests and the type of job and the role of your job.
To find out more about each of these certifications you can click on the links below to go to their home page.
Sun offers the following Java technology professional certifications:
1. Sun Certified Java
Associate (SCJA) Certification
2. Sun Certified Java Programmer (SCJP) Certification
3. Sun Certified Java Developer (SCJD) Certification
4. Sun Certified Web Component Developer (SCWCD) Certification
5. Sun Certified Business Component Developer (SCBCD) Certification
6. Sun Certified Developer for Java Web Services (SCDJWS) Certification
7. Sun Certified Mobile Application Developer (SCMAD) Certification
8. Sun Certified Enterprise Architect (SCEA) certification
Most Viewed Articles (in Certification )
Latest Articles (in Certification)
Comment on this tutorial
- Data Science
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews
Subscribe to Tutorials
1. Thanks for this section. Clears most of my doubts.
View Tutorial By: Melvin at 2008-07-05 04:54:19