By: Ashley J in Reviews Tutorials on 2013-03-14
Samsung is beefing up its tablet range with its Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 which sports a pen for writing on the screen, something that Apple's iPad Mini does. The Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 will have an 8-inch screen which is very close to the size of the Apple tablet which has a 7.9 inch screen.
This is not the first time that Samsung makes a similar Apple product. Its very first Apple's iPad competitor had a 7-inch screen and continues to make tablets in that size too but without a pen to write.
Samung Galaxy Note 8.0 may be released in the April-June period and the price is still not known. So the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 fills the gap between its Galaxy Note 10.1 full-size tablet and the Samsung Galaxy Note II which is only 5.5 inch. The pen (Stylus) is supposed to be the advantage that Samsung tablets have over the Apple tablets. On the contrary, Apple focuses on creating interfaces that are optimized for fingers and touch-pads.
Samsung's Stylus clearly has an edge as it can be used for highlighting, writing and drawing which may be sometimes a challenge to do with fingers. Additionally the stylus can be sensed by the screens to provide hovering feature. We would say that the applications has yet to make the full advantage of the stylus. A lot depends on you guys (android developers ;) ) to image and create newer better apps that uses the stylus to its full potential.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Most Viewed Articles (in Reviews )
Latest Articles (in Reviews)