By: Issac in VB.net Tutorials on 2009-01-31
In this tutorial we can see how to find the used area in a worksheet and the last data row in Excel. For finding last row we are using WorkSheet.UsedRange. It will return the last cell. The following code opens an Excel file and reads the entire content.
Imports Excel = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel Public Class Form1 Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, _ ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim xlApp As Excel.Application Dim xlWorkBook As Excel.Workbook Dim xlWorkSheet As Excel.Worksheet Dim range As Excel.Range Dim rCnt As Integer Dim cCnt As Integer Dim Obj As Object xlApp = New Excel.ApplicationClass xlWorkBook = xlApp.Workbooks.Open("c:\vbexcel.xlsx") xlWorkSheet = xlWorkBook.Worksheets("sheet1") range = xlWorkSheet.UsedRange For rCnt = 1 To range.Rows.Count For cCnt = 1 To range.Columns.Count Obj = CType(range.Cells(rCnt, cCnt), Excel.Range) MsgBox(Obj.value) Next Next xlWorkBook.Close() xlApp.Quit() releaseObject(xlApp) releaseObject(xlWorkBook) releaseObject(xlWorkSheet) End Sub Private Sub releaseObject(ByVal obj As Object) Try System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(obj) obj = Nothing Catch ex As Exception obj = Nothing Finally GC.Collect() End Try End Sub End Class
When you execute this source code it reads all content from the specified Excel file.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Most Viewed Articles (in VB.net )
Latest Articles (in VB.net)
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews